Old 28-11-2005, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Growing Chillis

newsb wrote:
In article .com,
writes
Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong growing chillis. I have been
growing bird seed chillis, the small very hot ones from Thailand, and
for the first few years the results were good.

I could be (probably am) completely wrong - but might they be a variety
that isn't self fertile? (I don't know if such a thing exists). If so,
there might not be enough insect life in the greenhouse? Do you use any
bug sprays, etc? Beside that, are you growing in soil or growbags/pots?
Is there enough ventilation?

--
regards andyw

I don't think it can be the pollination as one or two plants are ok and
the other just don't have flowers on them. They are grown in two
greenhouses in differnt locations so very diffrent soil types. One has
a high compost content, from the compost heap and the other just garden
soil but does get a lot of bonfire ash after Nov 5th.

Kevin