Old 28-11-2005, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Roscoe

Default Bird Seed Feeder

"Alan Holmes" wrote in a message:
Having said I was going out to buy some netting, when I woke up this
morning, I began to wonder where I would be able to buy it, so can you
give me a clue?(:-)
---

You could consider using the large mesh green or brown plastic netting
designed for clematis. As it comes in a roll, it is dead easy to turn into a
tube to fit round the supporting post, bird feeder and tray. To finish it
all off, just cut two circular bits for the top and bottom using wire twists
to position them, allowing cut outs for the post. Of course any self
respecting squirrel would soon gnaw through plastic netting, so that idea is
out for those of you who have them visiting.
What about an Eagle Owl trained to eat just squirrels, collared doves and
wood pigeons?

Mike Roscoe