Old 28-11-2005, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Storing unplanted plants over winter (Gunnera)

On 28/11/05 12:14, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

Good call, IMO. It sounds a bit of a baby to be planted out just yet. I
don't know what you paid for your plant but we sell them here at around
£15.50 in 5l. pots. A customer came in and was incandescent with fury and
regret because he had just bought one the same size at a garden centre but
paid over £50 for it! If yours was proportionately as expensive as that, it
deserves some tlc!

Holy cow. They sell for around six pounds here , for one in a pot
that's 8" across the top (I can't think pot sizes in litres). Even B and
Q has them for around 7 pounds 50.

At Crarae garden, self-seeded gunnera manicata are virtually a weed,
all down the burns and ditches :-)

Yes, well, it would have been a lot better if I hadn't made a vital typo!
We sell them for £15.50 in 15 (fifteen) litre pots, not 5!! Sorry about
that piece of carelessness. To some extent, price depends on the size of
the crown of the plant. A 5l pot is about 9" across, Janet.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk