Old 28-11-2005, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ned

Default Bird Seed Feeder

Mike wrote:
http://tinypic.com/hv8ow7.jpg

Thanks to Michael Adams I have produced the Bird Seed Feeder as
described in another posting. I would like to correct a small error
on that I called it 2" fencing whereas it should have been 2" fence
netting, but you can see what I mean.

The birds come in from the front on a 'direct flight path' and some
come in from the back either through the Buddliea and/tree or

trellis.

As you will see the wire netting covers over so even if the Collared
Doves land on it, they are unable to get in.

None of this is 'fixed', just hooked over and under so would not be
suitable for keeping squirrels off without fixing because they are
tough little buggers.

Hope this helps someone :-))

It must be a good idea.
Mine has been up for over a year now.
It was built as a 'proof of concept' but as it seemed to do the job it
has never been tarted up.

It started off by just adding a plant saucer underneath to catch the
spillage.
Then had the umbrella fitted to keep the spillage from getting soaked
by rain.
Then had the wire netting added for the same reason as Mike's, to keep
the pigeons out.
It works just fine.

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/bird%20feeder.jpg

--