Old 28-11-2005, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
keith ;-\)

Default OrchidWiz CD

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
Keith: I have not yet tried this software [I've been a little too busy
recovering from H. Wilma], but I do have acquaintance with Alex Maximiano.
He's a good guy.

I see him regularly at shows, and he takes a lot of pics of my plants. I
assume but don't know that at least some of them are in this program.
Unlike _many_ other photographers, Alex has always been extremely

courteous
and considerate. E.g., he always asked permission, made sure to stay out

of
the way of paying customers while he was shooting, and didn't muck up my
booth or break plants moving things around to get "the perfect shot."

Alex
also sent me copies of the pics he took of my plants, for my own use.

[Lots
of photographers say they'll do this, but only about 5% actually follow
through and do it.]

We are all human, which means we all make errors from time to time. If
Alex makes a mistake, and then makes it right at no cost to the purchaser,
without lengthy hold time to phone-in a complaint, making the purchaser

fill
out and mail lengthy forms, or even return the defective one, he's way

ahead
of most software providers I've dealt with -- although I should also note
that Helga at WildCatt is also very good in this regard. When I needed to
re-install WildCatt a while back, she sent me a new (then-current) CD free
of charge so I wouldn't have to go through the process with my ancient
original and a whole pile of update disks.

If you don't want, or don't want to spend the $$ for, the product he's
developed, that's certainly your free right and choice. But it doesn't

seem
like a good reason to denounce the product, or the producer, sight-unseen,
on a public forum.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"keith ;-)" wrote in message
news

"Reka" wrote in message
.. .
In article , keith.kent3
@REMOVETHISntlworld.com says...
Sounds like a few bugs need to be fixed with the software.
Keith

No, Alex assumes my problem was a mistake on his part when burning the
CD. He is sending me a new one.
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

A bug with the software provider then.
Keith

Hi Kenni.

Snip
If you don't want, or don't want to spend the $$ for, the product he's
developed, that's certainly your free right and choice. But it doesn't seem
like a good reason to denounce the product, or the producer, sight-unseen,
on a public forum.

I dont see how saying there could be a bug with the software denouncing the
product/producer,this happens all the time with new software and different
operating systems.Remember when XP came out there were huge problems.I have
had software not work or crash on my pc ,i am sure we all have.And Reka
stated it was the mistake of the producer ,i said a bug sarcasticly
following on from my post.Which it obviously was.
Thanks Keith