Old 28-11-2005, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Bird Seed Feeder

It started off by just adding a plant saucer underneath to catch the
spillage.
Then had the umbrella fitted to keep the spillage from getting soaked
by rain.
Then had the wire netting added for the same reason as Mike's, to keep
the pigeons out.
It works just fine.

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/bird%20feeder.jpg

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 27.11.2005

ned that is wonderful many thanks. It solves a problem we had ealier on. We
had a plastic seed feeder hanging from a hook, but there was no tray or
catch pan under, consequently, the birds would scatter the seed. Fine if the
buggers went down and picked it up, but it was falling in amongst some long
leaves. Tons of the stuff when we discovered it! What drew our attention to
it was a rat calmly walking away across the path!!! 'That' is why I did the
tray under.

But I do like your :-))

Permission to copy please? Any Royalties to pay? Only making one.

Mike
The truth will prevail