Old 28-11-2005, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ned

Default Bird Seed Feeder

Mike wrote:
It started off by just adding a plant saucer underneath to catch

the
spillage.
Then had the umbrella fitted to keep the spillage from getting

soaked
by rain.
Then had the wire netting added for the same reason as Mike's, to
keep the pigeons out.
It works just fine.

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/bird%20feeder.jpg

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 27.11.2005

ned that is wonderful many thanks. It solves a problem we had ealier
on. We had a plastic seed feeder hanging from a hook, but there was
no tray or catch pan under, consequently, the birds would scatter

the
seed. Fine if the buggers went down and picked it up, but it was
falling in amongst some long leaves. Tons of the stuff when we
discovered it! What drew our attention to it was a rat calmly

walking
away across the path!!! 'That' is why I did the tray under.

But I do like your :-))

Permission to copy please? Any Royalties to pay? Only making one.

If I can help somebody as I pass this way, then my living has not been
in vain.
:-))

Yes we had the rat problem too.
Buggers even climbed the tree and slid down the wire before the
umbrella went on.
And we had some very interesting plants appear underneath. !!!
Marijuan..... , hemp for one !

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk