Old 05-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Inge Jones

Default shrubs to plant in shade.

In article , tim45
@tiscali.co.uk says...
Hi, Since moving into a new house, I have been trying to decide what to do
about a very tall row of leylandi trees.

The problem being is that they hide a nasty mess. So I cant just chop them
down.
Would any body be able to suggest some fast growing tall shade loving shrubs
and trees to plant along in front of them. Hoping that eventualy they willbe
tall enough to take on the role of the leylands. Then I can chop the
leyland trees down.

Any suggestion would be gratefuly recieved thankyou.

I look forward to reading any replies you get, then I'll have something
for my bottom fence (equivalent of north wall). But you might have the
slightly trickier situation, as your leylands will be snatching a load
of the available water in that area.