Old 29-11-2005, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default If you are Po faced, don't open

"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...
Mike wrote:
Sod all to do with gardening and no doubt the 'Owners' will report me
to my ISP, but I thought some of you with an ounce of human feeling
might like the following.

(Lifted from a newsgroup to which you have to have special status to
belong to. THAT will upset the 'owners' even MORE!!!!)

A list of actual announcements that London Tube
train drivers have made to their passengers...

Big snip

Quite good, aside from the paranoia at the beginning, what posesses you to
imagine that any newsgroup has an owner of any sort?...no one has any less
or more right to post here (or in any other newsgroup) than anyone else,
regardless of how long standing they are or how new they are...you don't
need any kind of status to post to any newsgroup,and no one 'belongs' to

any
group, I (and everyone else in the world) have as much right to post in
every group on usenet.... nor do you need permission to 'lift' items
therefrom, anyone can create a newsgroup but they have no authority within
that group nor what goes on there, I think you are mistaking usenet for

some
kind of members web forum.

Mike knows the situation fine well. He doesn't imagine anyone has any
special rights of ownership of the group, he's implying there are however
some people who imagine they do.