Old 29-11-2005, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default FAO Judith and Sacha that they might learn

I'm shocked - my family would never post regarding Freemasonry - the
Grand Master would not tolerate such irreverent comment. Furthermore,
it's not done to advertise that one is a Freemason, this is something
that all Freemasons respect and observe.

--
Judith Lea

http://www.grandlodge-england.org/ma...reemasonry.htm

Secrecy

The secrets of Freemasonry are concerned with its traditional modes of
recognition. It is not a secret society, since all members are free to
acknowledge their membership and will do so in response to enquiries for
respectable reasons. Its constitutions and rules are available to the
public. There is no secret about any of its aims and principles. Like many
other societies, it regards some of its internal affairs as private matters
for its members.

Charity is at the heart of Freemasonry

The three Great Principles by which we stand are Brotherly Love, Relief, and
Truth. Freemasons are taught to practise charity and to care, not only for
their own, but also for the community as a whole, both by charitable giving,
and by voluntary efforts and works as individuals.

From its earliest days, Freemasonry has been concerned with the care of
orphans, the sick and the aged. This work continues today. In addition,
large sums are given to national and local charities.

Masonic charity is exercised at every level, individual Lodges make gifts
and give aid to their own communities and every Province also gives large
sums of money to regional causes. Nationally, our efforts are chanelled
through four main charity organisations, they a

The Grand Charity
The Royal Masonic Trust for Girls and Boys
The Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution
The New Masonic Samaritan Fund

Might I respectfully suggest that if you are both still living in the 20th
Centruy with regards Freemasonry, then you both do a little bit of study and
bring yourselves into the 21st Century.

Don't preach on something you know nothing of the present day workings

Mike
The truth will prevail