Old 29-11-2005, 02:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

Default illegal orchids or orchid smuggling.....

K Barrett wrote:
I just emailed the AOS judging committee and asked them. We'll see what
they say.

There would be no problem judging a Paph. hangianum cross in hangianum's
country of origin or a country which has allowed legal importation. For
example, Phrag. kovachii was judged at an AOS sponsored show in Peru,
and received several awards (last year?). But it would not be allowed
in the United States.

Of particular interest to me was discussion that a cross labelled as
using Paph. emersonii (legal) as a parent that had 'obviously' used P.
hangianum should also be barred. As if we can really tell that at the
judging table. "Wow, this is so nice it must have been made with
hangianum!"... Sure...

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1