Old 29-11-2005, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Silver lining

OK glad we agree. Whilst on this salt subject you may have noticed that a
lot of products state the sodium content which you need to multiply by
approx 2.5 to find out the actual salt content as sodium chloride. I've
always wondered whether it's to much sodium anything that is bad for you

or
just sodium in the form of sodium chloride.
Sodium citrate /bicarbonate/phosphate etc etc are all widely used in
foodstuffs.

Chemical symbols and chemical names are not my cup of tea and are a forigan
language. I thought Salt and Sodium were the same thing. Thanks for the info
:-)) I 'thought' I understood chemical analysis and joining of chemical
compounds when I was at Bath University, but no. Lost in space of time :-))

Mike
The truth will prevail