Old 29-11-2005, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Bird Seed Feeder

---
Yes Mike, I have two peanut containers, a wire mesh type and a clear

plastic
long tube type, and one lantern style bird seed feeder.

Mine are 'Apple shaped' and 'Pear shaped' (would take a photo and post it
but it seems a bit dark outside:-))

As luck would have
it, after posting my last message, I spotted a blue and a coal tit on one

of
the feeders.

:-)) great isn't it??

The biggest threat to all our smaller birds is a female
sparrowhawk whose diet thank goodness, mainly consists of collared doves
and house sparrows.

Collared Doves!! That quite amazes me. Sparrows yes but wow that's a big
bird to take. My neighbour gets most annoyed because the Sparrows go into
her hedge and the Sparrow Hawk struts up and down the path waiting for a
birds to come out. She goes out and shoos it off. Trouble is she works part
time and is therefore not always there :-((

Perhaps I should be posting my messages to uk.rec.birdwatching!

No I don't think so. This is a gardening newsgroup and part of gardening is
'nature' and that includes slugs, snail, worms, weeds and of course birds.
The uk.rec.birdwatching newsgroup is really for the serious twitcher and
whilst this newsgroup, or some members :-( talk down to those just entering
gardening and know nothing, uk.rec.birdwatching does tend to do the same
:-((

Stay here and hold your own :-))

Had a Pied Wagtail on the path yesterday. First again :-))

and in case you think I have been at it for years, bird watching that is,
no, this last Summer and up to now :-))

Mike
The truth will prevail