Old 29-11-2005, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Query for Nick - jade vine

On 29/11/05 17:53, in article ,
"Spider" wrote:

Sacha wrote in message
.uk...
On 29/11/05 16:35, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
Nick, I'm trying to get hold of the jade vine, Strongylodon

macrobotrys,
so
far without success. I see that Cambridge Botanic Gardens have one.

Do
they ever propagate it and sell the results?

They have one in the glasshouse at RHS Wisley, and doesn't Ray, like me,
know someone there? :-)

You mean the retired one......? ;-) Good idea, Bob. Thank you!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Hi Sacha,

If you don't have any success with your RHS contact, try these sites from
the RHS Plantfinder:
www.plantsman.com and
www.theoldwalledgarden.co.uk

Thanks, Spider. I know that the Plantsman nursery can't do it because
that's Guy Sissons who's packing up and moving to France and he doesn't have
one. He was here a couple of weeks ago with some other things but not that,
unfortunately. I did try the other one some time ago when we returned from
our Caribbean cruise ( ;- ) on which we saw the vine growing magnificently
in St Barts but not recently, so I'll give it another go.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk