Old 29-11-2005, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default If you are Po faced, don't open

On 29/11/05 18:01, in article ,
"martin" wrote:

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:55:17 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

snip
TODAY, Freemasons, in almost every Grand Lodge, recognize that an abiding
belief in God, the Great Architect of the Universe -is the solid foundation
upon which the Masonic edifice rests.
(rest of article omitted)
© The Regular Grand Lodge of England 2005"

http://www.grandlodgeofvirginia.org/whomason.htm#who
"Who Can Qualify To Join?

Applicants must be men of good character who believe in a Supreme
Being. To become a Mason one must petition a particular Lodge. The
Master of the Lodge appoints a committee to visit the applicant prior
to the Lodge balloting upon his petition."

http://www.grandlodge-england.org/ma...d-religion.htm

"The Supreme Being

The names used for the Supreme Being enable men of different faiths to
join in prayer (to God as each sees Him) without the terms of the
prayer causing dissention among them.

There is no separate Masonic God; a Freemason's God remains the God of
the religion he professes.

Freemasons meet in common respect for the Supreme Being, but He
remains Supreme in their individual religions, and it is no part of
Freemasonry to attempt to join religions together. There is therefore
no composite Masonic God."

It seems some do and some don't. How about calling it a draw?

How about Crowe not using urg to boast about himself? I suggest you
recommend that to him and that you stop stirring the pot with snide remarks
about me to your futile little chum.
The simple fact is that the Supreme Being is used to acknowledge the
different religious beliefs of different Masons and whatever they,
themselves, call God. Masons, as a body refer to God *exactly* as I wrote.
I learned that more than 12 years ago.
And yes, as far as I'm concerned, this is finished. Crowe's attempts at
self-promotion have been exposed for precisely what they are which is good
enough. I'm sure we'll all wait with bated breath for photos of him in his
Master's regalia.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk