Old 29-11-2005, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Silver lining

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:
"Mike" wrote in message

Do you still have to salt the water when boiling them? ;o)

I never salt the water anyway - the last box of Maldon Sea Salt I
bought has lasted me nearly ten years.

Ah - a man who knows the secret of a healthy life!

and another one here :-))

Hardly any salt in anything and almost everything fat free. Plenty of
fruit
and fibre and trying to lose another half a stone before we go away.

Mike
The truth will prevail

That's an amazing diet. Fat free - Do you mean low fat ?
As for salt and other salts you are probably eating more than think.
Plenty of fruits which contain much more fat than you think.
Finally added fibre (bran) can be harmful to your ability to absorb certain
vitamins.

I use a fair amount of fat, and often have (say) a sausage, bacon, black
pudding, white puding and fried leftover potato for breakfart (ToBAGO)

I don't eat a lot of processed or manufactured food. That excludes bacon
and black pudding, and I make my own white pudding and similar things.

Avocados contain plenty of fat.

And I avoid anything with 'added fibre' as I reckon I get enough - use
wholemeal flour as much as possible, plenty of veg, etc.

At this rate you could be dead and gone within the week.

And I'm still invisible, viewed sideways...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/