Old 30-11-2005, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Impatiens niamniamensis

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 30/11/05 9:28, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
Just a bit of curiosity - is anyone growing Impatiens niamniamensis outside
all year round, with success? I ask because we had someone buy one the
other day, insistent that, as he lives very near the sea in Torquay, he was
going to try it outside and "if it dies it dies". I like its common name
The Congo Cockatoo!
--
Sacha

Mine died..................indoors!
Jenny

Turn up the ch! ;-) Seriously, do you know why?

Dunno. .
It just seemed to fizzle away slowly...........
It set seed, which I planted, but which did not germinate.

The ones we sell are kept
in a frost free greenhouse, no more than that but watered sparingly,
especially now. I quite like it but do prefer its cousin I. tinctoria.
Sacha

Jenny