Old 01-12-2005, 01:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ned

Default Bird Seed Feeder

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message k...
The message
from "ned" contains these words:

Oooh, careful Mike. That statement about Leylandii being used for
nesting might raise a few feathers.
The implication is that it is not trimmed.
A well trimmed Leylandi would be too dense for most nesting birds.

You have to be joking! Well-trained leylandii is nothing but a crust

of
foliage over a skeleton of trunks and branches.

I can walk right into mine - in fact, when trimming te top of it i

get
inside and climb up ther to clip it. I had to leave it a while this

year
because of several birds nesting in there.

ROFL !!!
Ah, so you admit you don't look after it, proper like. :-))
If you leave it too late then you won't get regrowth that year and it
will stay thin.
Well, mine is like a 4 foot thick green wall and the top is like a
billiard table.
I'll grant you its not green inside but has a damned dense thick
'crust' on the outside.

:-))

--
ned