Old 01-12-2005, 08:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis

Default What is This Tree, and What Can I Do About It?

Ken Hall wrote:
As I clearly explained they are leaves, not seed -- leaves,
leaves.

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:37:55 -0500, "somebody"
wrote:

They look like some sort of seeds..You will have to do your
painting when the tree is not setting seed and no there is
nothing you can do to get someone to cut their tree just
because
you don't like the seeds.

alice

"Ken Hall" wrote in message

Every since I move to this house (10+ years) we've had this
problem.

There's a large (40 ft?) tree in the neighbors yard behind
us
that sheds jillions and jillions of these tiny leaves in
the
fall --
http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/3...sclose24qv.jpg.

I normally do outside projects in the fall or spring. If
this
involves painting or anything that involves liquids, these
leaves will always get in it. You have to understand these
little leaves blow into every square inch of my yard
constantly. It is like a rain that sprinkles leaves for a
couple of months. Even if there were no projects to spoil
(and
there always are), the leaves are everywhere. We constantly
track them in the house -- so they're all over the carpets
and
floors. We'd have to vacuum 4 times a day. Instead we
just
put up with them being sprinkled around the house. I can
sweep
them off our deck, but they're raining on the deck while I
do
it, and there will be a shallow blanket of then again in a
day.
Actually it's like a blanked of snow. They pile in drifts
in
some areas and sparse in others.

So again, what is this tree and what can I do about it. I
haven't talked to the latest owner of the house with the
tree,
but the previous owner very politely said $#&@ off. When I
speak to the new neighbor I'd like to know if I have any
recourse. Is there anything I can do to force them to
remove
this tree?

Ken

Ken