Old 01-12-2005, 08:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis

Default What is This Tree, and What Can I Do About It?

Ken Hall wrote:
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:37:55 -0500, "somebody"
wrote:

They look like some sort of seeds..

I apologize they may be seeds. The tree is so tall I can't see
well
enough to tell --
http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/4...sontree9ee.jpg

You will have to do your painting
when the tree is not setting seed and no there is nothing you
can
do to get someone to cut their tree just because you don't
like
the seeds.

You've never lived in Houston have you.

I'm not nearly as sure as you that I have to disrupt and lead
my
life, letting a neighbors tree cover my yard, patio, deck and
floor
with trash for much of the fall so he can have a trash tree.
He
can do what he wants in HIS yard, not mine.

Ken

You are stuck with his tree dropping its seeds and leaves where
ever they fall.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5