Old 01-12-2005, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

Default Impatiens niamniamensis

In article , Dave Poole
writes
For a while I had seedlings popping up each spring. So in Torquay at
least it seems as hardy as the common Himalayan balsam (Impatiens
glandulifera) and might even show similar invasive properties. I
understand that Will Giles successfully overwinters it outside in his
Norfolk garden - and their winters are very cold by comparison.

Wil's garden is very well protected and his clever use of planting means
that more delicate plants are always given some protection by those
growing alongside. I haven't been to his garden in Thorpe for some
years - I promised myself I wouldn't go back as I returned home
afterwards and kicked my gate open as I was disgusted that he had this
wonderful garden which put mine to absolute shame - I think that's what
is called Envy!

--
Judith Lea