Old 01-12-2005, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Import of plant from USA

Rupert wrote:
[...]
Ok Mike I have now read all (I think) of the articles you mentioned
along with contributions from other speakers.
I can't see how you can say:-
"The RHS shares my concern"
The RHS have merely given a forum for a debate on a topic of

interest
to everyone.
I see no mention of the RHS supporting a particular view, which is
the way it should be.

Have I missed something or some quote from them ?

They saw fit to give space to Ingram's views in _The Plantsman_. They
may not agree, but that shows they take the matter seriously; as I
said in my reply to Michael Adams, I'm at the stage of "wondering
if", and it's clear that the RHS shares at least that level of
concern. And, for what it's worth, without naming a source or giving
a reference, the _Independent_ article did say "His views are backed
by the Royal Horticultural Society, which fears another epidemic..."

--
Mike.