Old 05-02-2003, 11:20 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default birds

"Jane wrote in message
..
We have about a dozen house martin's nests in the eaves. These are used
regularly by wrens and sparrows for roosts in the autumn and winter -
one year a kestrel used one - how it fit in I don't know but it was
definitely a kestrel!! In fact they are even used as nests in spring for
a first clutch - the house martins take over once they come back. You
can buy prefabricated house martin nests from RSPB shops. Why don't you
attach a few to the eaves of your house in places under which you don't
mind guano accumulating?
Sorry, I mean that for Judith, not you Sue/Bob!!!
--

Don't be sorry, actually that's a very good idea Jane. We did have House
Martins nesting under our eaves at the E. side of the house when the house

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.