Old 01-12-2005, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default What is This Tree, and What Can I Do About It?

Scooter Pup wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

I think this conversation has grown heated because you're expecting
people
to say "Yes, you can force your neighbor to cut down their tree". But,
that's not gonna happen.

The problem is that some people think that participants in a newsgroup
have
some special knowledge when in fact everyone here is just as ignorant as
the
average person. Of course no one here would agree with that.

True, sometimes. But, it takes NO special knowledge to know that you cannot
cut down a tree that's on your neighbor's property. Some towns allow you to
trim the part that overhangs your property line, but the OP should be warned
that it's easy to use a saw incorrectly and really screw up a tree. He'd be
liable for that damage.