Old 01-12-2005, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Duncan

Default Ipomoea seeds

In a similar vien to the debate about true-breeding named varities, last
summer I bought a named variety of Heuchera which has a label stating that
"breeder's rights" prohibit the propagation of this plant. Now, one reason I
like heucheras is that a plant becomes a big clump - you split it up - each
new clump gets bigger - you split it up .... etc. that, and the amazing
variety of leaf shape and colour.
Does UK law actually allow the breeder of a plant variety to tell me that I
can't propagate it? or is this just a threat that civil action might be
tried if I sold offsets as the named plant?

Duncan