Old 02-12-2005, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Structor liber "flammifer"

Sacha wrote:
On 2/12/05 10:31 am, in article ,
"Nick Maclaren" wrote:

In article . com,
"La puce" writes:

Janet Galpin wrote:
This is new to me. Is it normally initially grown as an

ornamental
and/or house plant? It's odd that there seems to be absolutely

no
reference to it on Google. Any suggestions as to why it doesn't
exist as far as Google is concerned - or any reference book

that
I have to hand?

Ditto. Bob's 'flaming offsprings' is as close as I got to. I'm
being held on tender hooks. Can't wait this evening for a

thorough
search on this misterious plant.

Boggle. Given the number of people who are genuinely confused,
perhaps I should clarify.

Structor = builder, mason, etc.
Liber = free
Flammifer = flame bearer

I thought it very good and particularly liked Mike's description of
the pilosity and lack of chlorophyll. ;-)

Pity to have the gaff blown, really: I was looking forward to more
contributions from urglers' fertile imaginations!

--
Mike.