Old 02-12-2005, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Bird Seed Feeder

"Mike" wrote in message

---
Yes Mike, I have two peanut containers, a wire mesh type and a clear

plastic
long tube type, and one lantern style bird seed feeder.

Mine are 'Apple shaped' and 'Pear shaped' (would take a photo and post it
but it seems a bit dark outside:-))

As luck would have
it, after posting my last message, I spotted a blue and a coal tit on one

of
the feeders.

:-)) great isn't it??

The biggest threat to all our smaller birds is a female
sparrowhawk whose diet thank goodness, mainly consists of collared doves
and house sparrows.

I wish we had sparrowhawks here, they could help contain the damned
parakeets!

Alan