Old 02-12-2005, 04:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
Stephen Henning

Default Sinking pond plants for the winter

"Koi-lo" wrote:

That's not going to do them much damage when they're dormant unless the fish
pull them out of their pots. I don't sink my plants here in zone 6 and
can't remember losing any to frost.

I sink my plants to keep from loosing the pots. Most of mine are in
terra-cotta pots which crack when the wet clay soil inside freezes. It
is amazing how much they grow under water. I have to cut some of them
way back when I bring them back up.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
18,000 gallon (17'x 47'x 2-4') lily pond garden in Zone 6