Old 02-12-2005, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Brooks

Default Was Children? Grandchildren? Non gardening now:Gardening toolsto cheer up child.

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Mike wrote:

Which part of the 'Non Gardening' in the header did you not understand Alan?

More to the point, which part of the uk.rec.gardening charter did
YOU not understand?

Throw in the Usenet Guidelines too!

Anyhoo my recollection of gardening of sorts was my father being
persuaded by a whining (now called traumetised) six year-old to let him
have a go with a sickle. It looked fun but kids, let me tell you this.
Like everything later in life, it quickly becomes boring or makes your
muscles ache.

Then, my first packet of seed was the Chrysanthemum 'Merry Mixed' my old
man bought me. After sowing and watering in I watched the ground for a
while, got bored then played in the local brook.

Children? Grandchildren ? Gardening ? I think so!

Richard.