Old 02-12-2005, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

Default Was Children? Grandchildren? Non gardening now:Gardening tools to cheer up child.

"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Richard Brooks wrote:

LOL! What a great idea. Did you take a tin opener ? It's amazing what
a French accent can do. One French girl said she'd spent the year
travelling on the trains from Croydon to London without paying a penny.

You know more than you should! We just can't give the secrets away, but
it's amazing what a French accent does plus a cute smile - I've perhaps
got most of my garden pots half priced in this way, tons of manure for
free, help with digging holes in tarmac and concrete at the back of the
house, the cutting of my side wall to make a new entrance in my front
garden, free trailers/car plus driver to collect and carry stuff to my
lotty for nothing ... well, perhaps I made a diner or two. But that
doesn't count because that's the way it should be )

That is what I call a smart young lady...much better than doing what was
done that earned the milkman his 'rewards'...of course am referring to days
of years ago when home delivery was rampant and some of the folk had a hard
time paying their bill with cash