Old 02-12-2005, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Sign of the garden centre times........

On 2/12/05 6:56 pm, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
Considering the grumbles sometimes seen here about the stuff you have to
wade through at garden centres to get to the plants, I thought it might
amuse urglers to hear of a survey we've just been sent by a trade
organisation, asking us to tick all the various things we sell or provide.
The possibles a
aquatics, barbecues, books/magazine, children's play area, Christmas goods,
coffee shop/restaurant, conservatories, cut flowers, disabled access, DIY
products, fencing, floristry, garden design and landscaping, garden
construction materials, garden furniture, garden machinery, garden sheds,
garden tools, giftware, greenhouses, health food, houseplants, customer
information desk, carp parking and estimated no. of spaces, customer toiler
facilities, pets/pet products. Please note - nowhere does it say 'plants'.
;-(
Sacha

They forgot:
Xmas ornaments

Christmas goods are in there but not the rest, I agree. Easter bunnies
Dried flowers
etc etc

snip
We are going to write back to say that we have a tea room, a car park,
customer loos and that we sell nothing but plants or cream teas! I'm not
at all sure that we'll fit into any category. ;-)

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk