Old 02-12-2005, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank

Default Mail order generators

After the third power failure in a week, I bought a generator at Home
Depot. I discussed with local lawn mower shop that deals in Hondas,
very expensive, and they said Sears and Home Depot generators with
actual Generac generator parts were best. Unit is Briggs and Stratton
with Generac generator. Now I'm looking into installation. Noise not
a problem as guy across the street has noisy one and next door neighbor
just bought a Coleman (which mower shop says are junk). We don't have
gas service so I'll be using gasoline. Main need for well, furnace and
freezers so I'll need to have it hooked into home power supply.

Appreciate comments on sensitive electronics. My computers are on surge
protectors and APC's. All others, microwave, TV's etc, are on surge
protectors. Over thirty years in this house, worse case was 3 days
with no power. Correspondent on the Red Neck Riveria, where power can
be out for weeks, got whole house gas system. Those long gas lines
after the hurricanes, are unfortunate folk trying to buy gasoline for
their generators and pumps are not in service.

Frank