Old 02-12-2005, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Brooks

Default Was Children? Grandchildren? Non gardening now:Gardeningtools to cheer up child.

La puce wrote:
Richard Brooks wrote:

LOL! What a great idea. Did you take a tin opener ? It's amazing what
a French accent can do. One French girl said she'd spent the year
travelling on the trains from Croydon to London without paying a penny.

You know more than you should! We just can't give the secrets away, but
it's amazing what a French accent does plus a cute smile.

Guess the sound from the floor above ?

Female squeal! Sudden desire to do disco dance steps in the small
holurs of the morning and filling of saucepan with water from kitchen
next to them over and over again.

Althought I know no French I said to the girl and her boyfriend the next
day "did you put the fire out okay!"

French accent? Pah! Give it South American blood, raven hair, big brown
eyes (like Nermel that cat in Garfield) and naturally tanned skin (if
lucky add Cuban heeled sheer stockings and suspenders) and you could
live a life of Riley off your girlfriend who flutters her eyelashes and
pouts. Funnily enough there was a French Guyana!

- I've perhaps
got most of my garden pots half priced in this way, tons of manure for
free, help with digging holes in tarmac and concrete at the back of the
house, the cutting of my side wall to make a new entrance in my front
garden, free trailers/car plus driver to collect and carry stuff to my
lotty for nothing ... well, perhaps I made a diner or two. But that
doesn't count because that's the way it should be )

Damned right and if they imagine they hear 'Pretty Polly' swishing as a
woman walks past then so be it. I still remember my younger days of
kneeling and straightening those seams for my love before going out.

Richard. (Now pushing his face against a chisel grinder to forget.)