Old 03-12-2005, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian Keeling

Default Was Children? Grandchildren? Non gardening now:Gardeningtools to cheer up child.

La puce wrote:
) The first time I became aware of gardens but more to the point the
'grand importance' of my grand dad's garden is when he suddenly yelled
at me like thunder, his huge body casting a huge shadow on me, his hat
coming off, his sweat dripping off him, screaming
blueblisteringbarnecles at little me, perhaps 3 or 4 years old then, I
was holding a huge bouquet of flowers proudly, they were strawberrie
flowers ...

My mother told a similar story of how she once picked some flowers in
her father's garden. They were really pretty red flowers which were just
asking to be picked - a much reduced runner bean crop that year! Oddly,
I think he saw the funny side of it.