Old 03-12-2005, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara

Default Bird Seed Feeder

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from Klara contains these words:

Your pheasant cock with his five ladies sounds charming ... I can
imagine that you miss seeing them in the morning. I'm afraid our cock
had been sending his one remaining lady out to test the waters before he
would venture out into the open, and that, no doubt, led to her
downfall.

For many years we had a flock of pheasants in the garden, which had
been hatched under a broody bantam. They lived wild on the adjacent moor
but would return to feed from my hand. One day , someone came to
interview me for a job with Gardener's World in which my garden could
feature as a wildlife garden in "reports from gardeners round the
country".) As we walked round, this very elegant city lady from
Birmingham asked asked what sort of wildlife I could provide. "Deer,
foxes, birds Let's see what's around today" I said, and called the
birds. A dozen pheasants promptly flew over the drystane dyke, glided
down the garden and landed at our feet. Her jaw dropped, and the job was
mine :-)

Janet.

With a leading role as Dr Janet Dolittle?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin