Old 03-12-2005, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default Children? Grandchildren? Non gardening

"Rupert" wrote in message

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Alan Holmes
writes

"Mike" wrote in message
When young children are involved in an accident or some other

traumatic
experience, they need to be calmed and one of the ways this is being
done
is
to give TLC. A scheme which started in Sussex, spread to Hampshire and
the
Isle of Wight and is now in 32 counties is to equip Ambulances with a
little
supply of TLC's to give to the children to love and to keep. It gives
them
something to concentrate on and has a very good soothing effect.

TLC's? Little Teddy Bears and the scheme is called Teddies with Loving
Care.

As I said all ambulances in Sussex, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight

are
equipped with these. Are they in your county? Just how far has the
scheme
spread and does anyone know of any other place where traumatised
children
might be and received a TLC?

Try as I might, I've read this a dozen times and I cannot see it's
relevance
to gardening, could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

The header says 'Non gardening', Alan, which indicates that it is off
topic. As a regular poster to ukf+d, you should be used to that
--
June Hughes

Well to me it was going to be about children who would not garden.
Then I found the abbreviation TLC which I thought meant "Thin Layer
chromatography" or more likely "Tender Loving Care" which is what little
Johnny with a bruised head needs.
But no-none of those. A potential reward for being daft.

See
http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/Vi...icleID=1269766

then remember Mike Crowe's pride in the charitable activities of the
freemasons, and recent efforts in publicising their good works, and all
should become clear.