Old 07-02-2003, 06:55 PM

Default OT Red squirrel

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
: In article , SusieThompson
: writes
: We do get a lot of pheasants in the garden - what sort of damage can
: they do to plants, etc? Do you know?
:
: We get an enormous number of pheasant and other game birds in our
: garden. The damage they cause, is far outweighed by the pleasure they
: give me. e.g. The pheasants lay their eggs in the strangest of places,
: the greenhouse which has a hole in the lower glass where they can come
: and go although I have seen some of their eggs laying in the vegetable
: garden where predators have taken them.
:
: They roll all over veggies and scrape out some sort of dust bowls! I
: have a badger, lots of frogs and toads, a young deer, foxes, ducks,
: hedgehogs, families of poussin type birds and even a dreadful ferret and
: a wicked feral cat who are frequent visitors. I get lots of grey
: squirrels and I love them despite their bad press and often feed them,
: they are almost tame now. I consider myself privileged to watch their
: comings and goings.
: --
: Judith Lea

How wonderful to have a badger - I have never seen one. I'm intrigued by
your 'poussin type birds'. Are they partridges, or even quail?