Old 03-12-2005, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Default OrchidWiz CD

Kathy, I am still following this thread & wouldn't it be easier just
to have a laptop with you?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

K Barrett wrote:
Turns out a PDA type program was what Alex had been trying to make. I
guess the program is too big to run (with any functionality) on a PDA.
I've looked at PDAs since posting this (becasue I never believe anyone
had have to figure it out for myself) and I see that the processors
are very slow, and they have miserable memory. The OrchidWiz program
is big and a slow processor would only make it crawl at a snail's
pace, no?
That said there are a few HP iPAQs with large screens that work in
either portrait or landscape... or tablet PCs.

K Barrett

K Barrett

Lady Blacksword wrote:
I'd go for that, especially if it could be made small enough to fit
in a 1 or 2 GB SD card, which is what I put the maps for my Garmin
GPS Palm on. Murri

"K Barrett" wrote in message

K Barrett wrote:
[snip]

The real question is WHY the AOS is trying to create their own CD
when this one is here!!! Already done. Only for award photos?? That'd
be the only draw. And from what I understand there's an
award photographer who is holding out on their use of his photos,
so they are going ahead without his pictures anyway.

K Barrett

And replying to my own post:

What would it take to get this onto a PDA or other hand held
device? There are several with larger screens now, so viewing
information in a small screen isn't the limiting factor anymore.
THAT'S what we need. I should email Alex and ask. If he can get it
onto a pda he'd make a million bucks.

K Barrett