Old 08-02-2003, 09:32 AM

Default OT Red squirrel

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
:
: "Dave P" wrote in message
: ...
: We get a couple of red squirrels on the bird table fairly regularly.
: Aren't they something, and prodigious time wasters when you're
supposed
: to be doing something else. Mind you, they haven't been around since
: we've had the snow. Are they hibernating or have they decamped over
: you?
:
: Red Squirrels, unlike Greys, do not hibernate.
:
: But make sure they have something to eat.
:
: The grey squirrels are, at present, in hibernation, but as it seems
: to be another mild winter, hopefully most of them will die off, and
: enable me to have a few of the walnuts I try to grow for myself!
:
: Alan
: --
: Reply to alan(at)windsor-berks(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk

They are certainly not hibernating here - not too far from you in
Twickenham.