Old 04-12-2005, 05:09 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default How long can fish go w/o eating when it's cold

"Shazam" wrote in message
reenews.net...
all winter, if they need dinner they should be able to find enough in the
pond. Their digestive systems are temperature controlled and don't work in
the cold
In a happy pond shouldn't need to feed in summer either

We feed our fish in summer because our pond isn't large enough to support
all the koi that live in it, a few of them getting large now. If you have
a 5000 gallon pond and only perhaps 2 koi then they may find enough on their
own to survive.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: