Old 04-12-2005, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

Default Don't prune your lavender!

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
We normally prune our lavender after flowering, but for various
reasons this year it didn't get done. We have been delighted as a
result to see a flock of goldfinches feeding on the lavender seeds.
We've seen them on other seeds before, but not the lavender (not
surprising really since we don't normally let them seed ...).

Just thought I'd pass this on to those of you who don't worry about
too tidy a garden and might like to encourage the goldfinches.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Thanks for the info Sally news:uk.rec.birdwatching may like to know this
as well?
(I have just set up a garden webcam)

--
Regards