Old 08-02-2003, 11:25 AM
Judith Lea

Default OT Red squirrel

In article , K
writes
How wonderful to have a badger - I have never seen one. I'm intrigued by
your 'poussin type birds'. Are they partridges, or even quail?

They are partridges, so my beloved tells me anyway! I forgot to mention
that two tiny weenie rabbits or hares, newly born I would think, were
left all alone in a large tuft of gtass with ice and snow all around them,
they looked dead but on touching them I could feel they were not. I
waited a few hours to see if their mother would return but she didn't and
I knew they could not survive outside any longer. A little girl in the
village took both of them, kept them in a box in the airing cupboard but
they died that night. Why did they end up in my garden and not in a warm
burrow?
--
Judith Lea