Old 04-12-2005, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default A Great Source for your Flower and Vegetable Seeds

Dave Poole wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 19:22:08 GMT, wrote:

These people

Ahem, you mean you...

have a huge selection of flower and vegetable seeds including
over 60 varieties of tomatoes, 20 varieties of peppers and 10
varieties of Petunia and Zinnia seeds.

Not exactly huge I'm afraid. In fact its a rather modest assemblage
of varieties. Seed suppliers here do far, far better than that. I
used to think that US seed suppliers might be able to offer exciting
and/or different varieties than we can get here. Sadly, quite the
opposite is true and I've yet to see comparable seed lists of
ornamentals from the other side of the Atlantic. As to stuff like
toms etc. those varieties that ripen in a US summer rarely perform
well this far north. UK based suppliers offer a bigger range of
better varieties more suited to the growing conditions here.

Some of his pepper seeds look interesting though, does anyone know of a seed
supplier in the UK who has some of the more exotic varieties?...perhaps
hungarian wax and jalapenos for starters and maybe a few others to try?