Old 08-02-2003, 11:50 AM

Default Cat Grass!

"Warwick Michael Dumas" wrote in message
om...
Yes, I can confirm from a position of considerable experience in this
area, cats DO NOT EAT cat grass (Avena Sativa), for which I once paid
about 3 quid for about a seed tray's worth. Catnip, on the other hand,
I intend to investigate.

Catnip seems to be very much a matter of personal taste. I have a large
patch of it and responses vary from an initial sniff around, followed by
ignoring it, to getting totally spaced out on the stuff.

Niniane seems to like Homebase Shady Lawn. Never seen Merlin eating
grass. What they like is for the grass to grow about 1ft long - the
length is probably more important than the kind of grass.

That matches my observations too.

Colin Bignell