Old 05-12-2005, 03:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

Default Passion flower vine - Pruning

Persephone wrote in message

After sitting there sullenly for a season, my passion flower vine
has
taken off running. It is on the West-facing side of my garage.
I have trained it by those little stick-ons where you can thread
a twist-tie through the stick-on and around the vine.

You are just trying to handle what you see above ground. Just wait
until those roots that are growing as fast as the vines begin to shoot
up runners where you never expected any. It took me over 5 years to
rig 50 sq ft of passion vine roots.

Tom J
who also had the same problem with trumpet vines