Old 05-12-2005, 03:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default to let spike or not to let spike?

Kenni Judd wrote:
snip
look for hybrids with a
similar parent -- unless you're a species purist.

Kenni,
Good advice, thanks! I will look into phal schilleriana hybrids. I am
definitely not a species purist -- some of my favorite Phals are NoID
hybrids, and if anything I am more suspicious of phal species than of
hybrids most of the time because I know that many species can be more
problematic. The main exception to this is phal equestris, which is my
favorite phal species and causes me no touble at all.
Joanna