Old 05-12-2005, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Tree fern gone Sad

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message
The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:

It's been stolen. I am left with a big hole and a furious temper.
It's been much admired by people who walked by along the pavement for
many
years. I suppose I could replace it with a new one complete with razor
blades stuck in the trunk.

That is *awful*, we do feel for you. They become part of the family - in
a sort
of way. Not to mention all the TLC I bet you gave it.
How old and big was it?

All our sympathy ... Edward and Jennifer

Thanks. It was a baby compared to the other three I have got (at the
moment).
About 5 feet tall with relatively small fronds. It had been there for about
six years You could almost touch it from the pavement so perhaps the
temptation was too much for someone.
I doubt it was lifted by a gardener because they don't do that sort of thing
or do they?
Probably stolen for a car boot sale by someone with a bit of a bit of
knowledge.
It's not the crime of the century but I have reported the theft on line just
in case it fits in with other local thefts of garden things.