Old 05-12-2005, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider

Default Tree fern gone Sad

Rupert wrote in message
It's been stolen. I am left with a big hole and a furious temper.
It's been much admired by people who walked by along the pavement for many
years. I suppose I could replace it with a new one complete with razor
blades stuck in the trunk.

Hi Rupert,

How miserable for you. We've had problems in the past with people thieving,
typically evergreen trees from a hedge at Xmastime and Primroses around
Mothers' Day. This was upsetting, but cost us very little. I'm quite sure
your Tree Fern made a dent in your wallet.

I hope you have reported the incident to the police. Even if they can't get
the tree back for you, it will create a better bank of statistics that will
help the police understand how much garden crime there is. They are then
better able to target this kind of crime, and offer preventative advice.
One preventative measure is a plant anchor, which you may like to consider
if you replace your tree.

Once again, sincere comiserations.
Spider