Old 05-12-2005, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Don't prune your lavender!

On 5/12/05 17:05, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

snip
bay leaves are good and walnut leaves all much better than man made
perfume, in my opinion that is, bonfire smoke, grass the list goes on
and on :-)

The smell of bay is *wonderful* and I use that in church flower arrangements
at Christmas time, as well as in the house. Its bonus is that it gives a
subtle olfactory nudge of the mind towards bread sauce and roast turkey. ;-)
I've never noticed the scent of walnut leaves - that will be a mission for
tomorrow! New mown grass, bonfires and for some reason, the scent of
just-extinguished candles, fireworks and matches. I must be a closet
pyromaniac!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk