Old 05-12-2005, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider

Default Tree fern gone Sad

Rupert wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 5/12/05 16:07, in article , "Rupert"
wrote:

It's been stolen. I am left with a big hole and a furious temper.
It's been much admired by people who walked by along the pavement for
many
years. I suppose I could replace it with a new one complete with razor
blades stuck in the trunk.

Oh that is really bad luck and a piece of filthy behaviour. I don't
suppose
insurance covers things like tree ferns, either?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Good idea about the insurance but the financial loss isn't too much of a
problem, however, I might have to erect a tasteful steel fence which would
probably cost much more than the plants . I suppose it might be worth it

for
the peace of mind.

Or how about an approach light on the front of the house? Two-legged rats
do not like to be illuminated as they go about their dirty deeds.
We have approach lights at the front and back of our house, as well as
several security cameras, and since they've been installed we've had no
problems.
Approach lights are relatively inexpensive, but don't consider cameras
unless you can afford good ones, otherwise you'll be wasting your money.
Been there, done that, got the frustration.

Spider